- Dr. Joel T. Rubin possesses one of the broadest and most diverse backgrounds of any private tutor or consultant in the greater New York City area, encompassing chemistry, physics, and data science.
- Joel has taught at the university level, consulted for TV, and is an active researcher in the field of optomechanics (subject of the 2018 Nobel Prize in physics.) He is uniquely qualified to offer individualized lessons spanning everything from schoolwork to career counseling to professional-level quantitative skills – all for the same flat rate.
- Extensive experience and familiarity with NYS Regents, AP, and College level curricula and exams.
- Get the edge on projects with training in software for symbolic algebra, numerical computing, data visualization and report making.
- Pi in the Sky is your one-stop teaching service for school tutoring, quantitative job skills training, and scientific consulting (product claims evaluation, lab safety training, general advice, and more.)
I hold a B.S. in Chemistry from Stony Brook University (Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa), and a M.Phil and Ph.D. in Physics from the City University of New York Graduate Center (Cum Laude). I received a full fellowship for my doctoral program for up to 5 years of study, but finished in an almost unheard-of 4 years, being the first student in any science program to graduate- despite not majoring in physics in college. I graduated with 4 peer-reviewed and now highly-cited publications on the optomechanics of whispering gallery mode resonators.